Thursday, July 19, 2007

Genealogy-God Started It !

I was always interested in my family history-in fact I'm interested in all history. But before I got hot and heavy into my family's genealogy, I was drawn in by the lengthy geneaologies of the Old and New Testaments. Don't ask me why, that's where most people give up on their attempts to read through the Bible. I can only say that my conclusion after months of study, was that the sole reason God laid them down in the Scripture was to make a HUGE point--that He knows intimately every person He ever created (even to the numbers of hairs on our heads) He sees everything we do and go through and--amazingly, He cares enough about each person to record their names in books (even if your name is Huppim or Muppin !)
You might think that scrolling through endless census reels or poring over hundreds entries in any given parish register might be tedious and boring, but believe it or not it has its hilarious moments.
This post will be the first to have a feature I am calling "Name of the Day-From Yesterday" :

1870 : A couple happily named their twin boys Cyrenius and Eyerenius !

2 comments:

Trudy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trudy said...

Only you could find lists of names interesting. That couple has a good imagination, to say the least. By the way, love your sub-title!